OUR CHARGE TO S.E.R.V.E H.I.M.
First Baptist Church of South Orange has made a commitment to reverence and glorify God at all times. That basic premise guides us in everything that we do, which is always striving to SERVE HIM, at all times. To serve God is to put God first as a community of Christian believers.
Seek God First
- We commit to seek God first for direction in every decision, whether great or small.
- We strive to give God our very best! Diligence, responsibility and faithfulness are essential ingredients to succeed in anything God has tasked us to do, as demonstrated by Daniel.
-Daniel 5:14, 6:3
Run with Patience the Race
- We obligate ourselves to run toward Christ, the author, finisher, and example of our faith journey daily.
-Hebrew 12:1, 2
Vow to serve God as He Desires
- How can we repay God? By offering Him expressions of our devotion before all His people.
-Psalm 116:14; Psalm 34:1-2
- Because it is God’s desire that no one should perish; we are equipped to share the love of Christ wherever and whenever with anyone out of gratitude for God sparing us from eternal damnation.
- Esteeming others higher than ourselves, regardless of their title, position or status, is our priority because everyone was created in the image of God.
- Honesty is demonstrated by doing what we commit to do.
- God has given everyone a purpose, and we commit to impart in others, lessons learned to help them fulfill their destiny.
-2 Timothy 2:2